We’re excited to help you restore and enhance your shape after childbirth with a Mommy Makeover. We know it’s tough to decide to take some time to take care of yourself right now, and we’re glad you’re planning to do so.
Your Mommy Makeover at the Gentera Center for Plastic Surgery will be customized for your individual needs. As a part of our Mommy Makeover procedures, your stomach will be restored to its pre-birth contours, and other parts of your body will be treated as well.
We are confident that this commitment to your own wellness and confidence will pay off.
Just like the Mommy Makeover itself, your recovery plan will be personalized for your specific needs. So, before you start looking for the best Mommy Makeover specialist in Coral Gables, here’s an idea of what you can expect.
Mommy Makeover Surgery Recovery
Before beginning the Mommy Makeover, you should plan for your recovery. You will need to take at least two weeks off from most activities – including work.
During this time, you will need pain management, child care assistance, and rest. We recommend that you refrain from physical activity like pushing strollers, carrying groceries, or lifting heavy objects, including children.
Strenuous or daily workout routines will need to be put on hold for four to six weeks following the Mommy Makeover surgery, but you will need to move around – gently and carefully – each day.
The Healing Process
After your procedure, you’ll be on the road to a restored and enhanced post-childbirth shape, but first, you’ll need to heal.
Here’s what the healing process may look like:
- 48 hours after Mommy Makeover surgery: Having a plan in place for childcare and meals for the next two days will minimize worrying about the little things right after Mommy Makeover surgery. Your caretaker should already have pain medication prepared, along with any antibiotics you may need.
By pre-planning, you can ensure a restful recovery over the next few days, during which you will experience the majority of the pain and swelling associated with the procedure.
Small and gentle movements before heading straight to bed will help prevent blood clots. Staying hydrated with lots of water and minimizing salt intake will reduce excess swelling.
- Pain management: The pain from a Mommy Makeover can be managed with over-the-counter medications like Motrin or Tylenol. Taking scheduled doses may be enough to keep you comfortable throughout your recovery.
However, it’s important to note that the type of pain management you receive from your doctor will depend on your surgeries. Labiaplasty surgery and a tummy tuck are sometimes considered the most uncomfortable of all Mommy Makeover procedures. Labiaplasty surgery can be uncomfortable when a patient uses the bathroom and keeps the area clean during recovery. Tummy tuck pain can vary depending on the need for muscle repair. Compared to these procedures, breast augmentation may cause the least amount of discomfort.
- Childcare assistance: Moms with young children under five years old should consider having a caretaker stay with them for at least ten days. You will not be able to pick up your kids because you can risk injury and affect the surgery results. For moms with young children at home, it’s best to elicit the help of friends and family during recovery.
You may need as long as six weeks to feel like yourself again. Since you may undergo various surgeries or treatments in one session, taking the time to fully recover will yield the best results.
Seeing the Results: Your Restored and Enhanced Post-Childbirth Shape
Results of a Mommy Makeover can be long-lasting as long as weight is maintained and weight fluctuation is minimized.
The procedure will not affect subsequent healthy pregnancies, but a new pregnancy can compromise the results. It is highly recommended that you wait until you’ve completed building your family before moving forward with a Mommy Makeover or labiaplasty surgery.
Depending on which procedures you get, the final results may reveal themselves at different times:
- After one month, you can expect the swelling of all areas treated to have drastically improved.
- Labiaplasty can take up to three months to heal.
- Tummy tucks and breast surgeries can take up to six months to heal fully.
In about four weeks, you will be able to get a general sense of what your results will look like, but you will have to be patient to see the final outcome. It may take up to a year for the full results to be revealed.
Call us to learn more about restoring and enhancing your shape after childbirth.
We offer a highly customized and personalized option that is in harmony with your unique life and circumstances, and surgical goals.
Our medical and health care providers and state-of-the-art technologies allow us to combine two or three surgeries, along with laser and other procedures and treatments, into a single visit. This helps minimize downtime and may allow you to see your restored post-childbirth shape more quickly.
You’ll be in excellent hands with our women’s wellness specialist. Learn more about Mommy Makeovers here.