The Brazilian Butt Lift and You
Women today want to be admired from all angles, and few procedures help more to achieve that alluring profile than the Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL). We at Gentera Center for Plastic Surgery specialize in the Brazilian Butt Lift surgery, a procedure that builds and accentuates a woman’s curves – or gives nature a little boost in the most strategic areas. It’s the best way to ensure you look good in everything from a teeny bikini to capri slacks or a form-fitting dress.
The Brazilian Butt Lift procedure at Gentera uses a woman’s own tissues and does not involve silicone, sealants, or other non-natural and dangerous substances – which are sometimes used by black-market illegal providers, who should be avoided at all costs.
The BBL procedure at Gentera combines several treatments, including liposuction and augmentation, and while it does involve some downtime, the Brazilian Buttock Lift provides women with the kind of look that has become synonymous with health and beauty, in South Florida and beyond. In fact, it is one of our most popular procedures. It can be combined with our Mommy Makeover as well, depending on what kind of look you are seeking.
Many women find that, as they age, their buttock muscles are not as firm as they once were, and diet and exercise do not help in every case. A sedentary lifestyle, childbirth and weight fluctuation can all contribute to a less-than-alluring derriére. What’s more, a firm, rounded and lifted butt may not be everyone’s genetic inheritance.
But no matter: Art can provide what nature may not.
Before coming in for a consultation or connecting with our team remotely, it’s important to be informed about the procedure, its benefits, and recovery.
What is a Brazilian Buttock Lift?
Also referred to as an SSBA or Safe Subcutaneous Buttock Augmentation, the Brazilian Buttock Lift surgery requires two procedures: liposuction and augmentation. Liposuction targets fat from another part of the body, which is then transferred to the buttock area in order to achieve fullness.
Here are the steps for a BBL procedure:
- Anesthesia – General anesthesia is used throughout the entire procedure, with IV sedation or a combination of mouth sedation and local anesthesia. These choices depend on your comfort level and what the surgeon feels is best to protect your health and safety throughout the procedure.
- Fat removal – The first step is to remove excess fat from various areas like the thighs, abdomen, hips and the lower. We use a cannula, a skinny tube crafted especially for such procedures.
- Fat preparation – Once the fat is extracted, it is prepared through a purification process.
- Fat transfer – The next step is to inject the prepared fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a full shape and size. Around three to five incisions are made around the buttocks. In some instances, certain extracted fat may not “take” during the transfer. To work around this, the surgeon will inject more than needed to achieve the desired results.
- Incisions closed – Once the fat is transferred and the buttocks have been shaped, the surgeon will close the incisions with stitches and apply compression garments to minimize the risk of bleeding.
The Benefits of Buttock Augmentation
The BBL procedure is popular because of its natural-looking results. Additionally, there are no silicone or other artificial substances used, which reduces the risk of infection. It is extremely important that people wanting such procedures employ a reputable facility with trained and licensed surgeons, rather than seeking out individuals, who may not be licensed or qualified, and have been known to use silicone implants or sealants — sometimes illegally injected.
Other benefits of a Brazilian Buttock Lift include:
- Volume and shape improvement
- Fat reduction in your abdomen, hips, lower back, and thighs
- Increased fullness and perkiness of your buttocks
- Enhancement of your body’s natural curves
- Improvement of your body’s proportions
Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery and Recovery
As with any cosmetic procedure, special post-surgery care is important to ensure you remain safe and healthy. Your surgeon will give you specific, detailed post-operative care instructions for your Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. Follow your surgeon’s instructions.
Post-operative care instructions for your Brazilian Butt Lift surgery may include the following:
- Plan to get 15 massages over the first 30 days post-surgery.
- For at least two weeks, you will not be able to sit on your buttocks, which may be swollen for several weeks.
- You will have to sleep on your stomach or side until you are fully healed – at least two weeks.
- Apply arnica-based gel to prevent bruising and facilitate the healing process.
- Empty your Jackson-Pratt drain every four hours.
- Begin walking the evening of your surgery, and walk at least five times a day.
- Refrain from ALL activities for the first week after your Brazilian Butt Lift. This includes travel of any sort.
- For six weeks after surgery, wear the elastic compression garment at all times, except when you are showering (once per day).
- Do not lift more than 5 pounds for six weeks after surgery.
- Avoid bending at the waist (such as to empty the dishwasher, sweep floors, etc.)
- You will be unable to submerge yourself in a bath, pool, ocean, jacuzzi or hot tub until one month after surgery.
- After the first six weeks post-surgery, wear the compression garment 12 hours a day for the next six months.
- It may take up to six months before you see the full results of your buttock augmentation.
You may need more than one procedure to get the exact results you are looking for.
How Long Does a BBL Last?
Brazilian Buttocks Lift surgery should last forever, but the results can be affected by a variety of factors. Placement of fat is critical to achieving the right, long-lasting results. If the body rejects the fat transfer, which does sometimes happen, an additional procedure will be needed. Weight fluctuations can significantly affect the results, so maintaining a stable weight helps ensure the best possible outcome.
Are you a Good Candidate for Buttock Augmentation?
The best BBL candidates are those who have lost their natural curves due to the aging process or a drastic weight change. Those looking for a more youthful shape and who have enough fat in their thighs, abdomens and arms for liposuction are excellent candidates.
Other things to consider:
- You are a non-smoker
- You are at a healthy weight
- You have a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise
- You haven’t had any recent complications or infections due to surgery
When considering a BBL, you are the final decision-maker. Your plastic surgeon is there to guide you and ensure that your health and safety are protected throughout the process. Being prepared with the right information and choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon will guarantee that you receive a positive outcome.
We are Experts at Buttock Augmentation
Our mission is to perform top-of-the-line plastic surgeries that achieve your desired results while improving your overall quality of life and well-being. We use the most cutting-edge techniques available in the comfort of our state-of-the-art facilities.
Our surgeons will be happy to answer all your questions.
Contact us today for a consultation to discuss your next transformation!